275 Embracing Minimalism for a Calmer Life
"Minimalism is the intentional promotion of things we most value and the removal of any thing that distracts from that" - Joshua Becker
A minimalist lifestyle should not be confused with a bohemian way of living. You aren't cutting things out whimsically. You are eliminating the things in your life that are not serving a purpose. Just like eliminating people who don't add to your life, you are jettisoning things that hold you down, sap your energy.
Today I talk about the ways living a minimalist lifestyle makes you calmer. It starts by not purchasing things that are valueless and then ends with a room by room evaluation of need and want.
Listen to how to live calmer with a minimalist lifestyle.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The energy of thought
- How purchases attach themselves to you
- How to separate need from want
"Minimalism is not doing without. It's having only the things you truly need"
- How ego energy is always present in conspicuous consumption
- Why you buy
- How to experience daily peace and awareness with Real-Life Calm
- The motivations you have for buying
- Audible - Click here to get your free download of any book of your choice
- Bombas - Quality socks with a purpose
- Food With Love - Helping feed America's Children by sending you great tasting snacks
- Real-Life Calm, The fourteen day meditation course designed to help you live intentionally daily
Question of the Day
Do you have too much stuff?
Action of the Day
Donate a piece of furniture that you have not used for a year.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Also, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful, they help it reach a wider audience. The more positive reviews the higher in the rankings it goes. Of course that means more peace in the world. So please let me know what you think. I read ever one of them.
Did you enjoy the podcast?
One goal of ZEN commuter is to create community. If you enjoyed the show then keep the conversation alive and leave a comment. It is a great way to share the episode with your fellow travelers.