273: It's Time for a Road Trip
"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving" - Lao Tzu
The weekend is here and even though I always tell you to experience the weekend freedom daily I understand that not everyone heeds that advice. Today, after talking about work all week, I wanted to talk about the freedom of travel
When you plan for weeks to go to a different part of the world there is an untold excitement for you. You don't have to go far away to experience that feeling. Take a road trip; get in your car and just drive to wherever the road takes you.
In this episode I talk all about the benefits of getting away from all that you know, leaving schedules and responsibilities and just having an adventure.
Listen to this episode and all others below
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How being without a destination creates freedom
- How you grow more by traveling
- How to experience an authentic culture
"Sometimes you find yourself the most when you are lost"
- That it is impossible to get lost
- What books to choose based on a great book review site
- How to experience daily peace and awareness with Real-Life Calm
- How Nature revitalizes you
- The four guidelines for taking a road trip
- How to get a personalize voicemail greeting on your phone
- The Seven Sentences Book Club
- Food With Love - Helping feed America's Children by sending you great tasting snacks
- Real-Life Calm, The fourteen day meditation course designed to help you live intentionally daily
Question of the Day
What is one place you would visit if you had unlimited time and money?
Action of the Day
Take a road trip this weekend and start up a conversation with a stranger.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Also, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful, they help it reach a wider audience. The more positive reviews the higher in the rankings it goes. Of course that means more peace in the world. So please let me know what you think. I read ever one of them.
Did you enjoy the podcast?
One goal of ZEN commuter is to create community. If you enjoyed the show then keep the conversation alive and leave a comment. It is a great way to share the episode with your fellow travelers.