336: 5 Habits to Super Charge Your Growth
Decisions take effort but habits run on auto pilot. Let's face it. You don't have to think to brush your teeth right, you just do it. It's a habit that has been engrained since you were little with the help of Mom and Dad.
There are habit like brushing your teeth that are good for you. Then there are habits that launch you into a whole new way of living, living with purpose and intention. They focus on the things that will improve your life: body, mind and spirit/soul.
Today I am going to discuss the top 5 that will super charge your development. Admittedly I am not going to delve into each of them since I have spent several episodes on each of them. Check out the show notes for resources from other bloggers and thought leaders that will help as well.
Topics Discussed in this Episode
- 4 Resources for creating positive habits
- Why habits take less mental energy to complete
- How meditation creates a calm day
- A proven method for reading 35 books a year
- A review of the minimum requirements for daily exercise
- Why waking up earlier is the most beneficial for focus
- Three different methods of journaling
Positive Habit Formation
- James Clear - The Three R's of Habit Formation
- Leo Babauta - Habit Mastery - Creating the New Normal
- Lifehack - 18 Tricks to Make New habits Stick
- Charles Duhigg - The Power of Habit
- The Power of Habit Free Audiobook
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Also, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful, they help it reach a wider audience. The more positive reviews the higher in the rankings it goes. Of course that means more peace in the world. So please let me know what you think. I read ever one of them.
Did you enjoy the podcast?
One goal of ZEN commuter is to create community. If you enjoyed the show then keep the conversation alive and leave a comment. It is a great way to share the episode with your fellow travelers.