278: Six Ways to Buy with the Planet in Mind
"The first law of ecology is that everything is related to everything else" - Barry Commoner
We are not apart from the planet. We coexist with all living things. Accordingly we need to make sure that our actions are in keeping with the environment. That includes when you are purchasing anything, food or items.
Today I talk about ways to treat the planet better and also heal it with every purchase. It starts with research and ends with recycling.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The amount of packaging that makes up the total garbage in the world
- Why Buying local is optimal
- The definition of sustainable food
- How to plan meals for the whole week
- How to experience daily peace and awareness with Real-Life Calm
- Audible - Click here to get your free download of any book of your choice
- eMeals - Get two weeks of menu planning sent right to your inbox free by clicking here
- Real-Life Calm, The fourteen day meditation course designed to help you live intentionally daily
Question of the Day
Do you shop with the planet in Mind? Do you recycle? If not, why not?
Action of the Day
Use the internet to assure that the companies you buy from are environmentally conscious.
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Also, reviews for the podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful, they help it reach a wider audience. The more positive reviews the higher in the rankings it goes. Of course that means more peace in the world. So please let me know what you think. I read ever one of them.
Did you enjoy the podcast?
One goal of ZEN commuter is to create community. If you enjoyed the show then keep the conversation alive and leave a comment. It is a great way to share the episode with your fellow travelers.