It continues to strike me as odd that people truly know they are under stress and do nothing to alleviate it. Then again there are a variety of other self-abusive habits that people continue to empower despite the fact that they too may limit their lives. However, you are here to learn how to live peacefully. Today I want to talk about the reasons you may be ignoring stress and what steps you can take to make sure you are not succumbing to its health impairing nature.
REASONS WHY PEOPLE IGNORE STRESS
- They don't know the symptoms of stress
- They lack the ability to say no
- Some see it as the lesser benefit to an otherwise beneficial perk
- It lacks its own symptoms and therefor is thought of as health maladies
- Stress is seen as a sign of importance
- Stress is less important than fear
Questions to ask yourself to determine if you are under stress?
- In the last three years has your health diminished?
- Have any personal relationships become strained due to increased workload?
ACTIONS OF THE DAY
1.) Spend just 5 minutes in absolute silence
QUESTION OF THE DAY
How much do you stress? If you do, does your stress come from a desire to please others or yourself?
If you love the podcast then don't forget to leave a positive review on Stitcher or iTunes.